In the debate BELOW with Spencer, D’Souza says somethings that just are not true. The most glaring is he claims that for every “kill the infidel” verse in the Koran there is one in the bible. But there is not a single verse in the bible where God command anyone killed on the bases of their unbelief. It is true that there are “violent verse” in the Bible. The Spencer video below will deal with some of them.
But first here D’Souza contradicts himself, in a debate with Christopher Hitchens, and admits Islam is more violent than other faiths
Maybe Dinesh D’Souza should actually read Spencers book Religion of Peace – Why Christianity is and Islam is not.
1001Phoenix COMMENTS: Almost any liberal pundit will tell you that there’s a religion bent on destroying our Constitution, stripping us of our liberties, and imposing religious rule on the U.S. And that religion is . . .Christianity! About Islam, however, the Left is silent–except to claim a moral equivalence between the two: if Islam has terrorists today, that’s nothing compared to the Crusades, inquisitions, and religious wars in Christianity’s past.
But is this true? Are conservative Christians really more of a threat to free societies than Islamic jihadists? Is the Bible really “just as violent” as the Qur’an? Is Christianity’s history really as bloodstained as Islam’s? In Religion of Peace? Why Christianity Is and Islam Isn’t, New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer not only refutes such charges, but also explains why Americans and Europeans must regain an appreciation of our Christian heritage if we ever hope to defeat Islamic supremacism. In this eye opening work, Spencer reveals:
* The fundamental differences between Islamic and Christian teachings about warfare against other religions: “Love your enemies” vs. “Be ruthless to the unbelievers”
* The myth of Western immorality and Islamic puritanism and why the Islamic world is less moral than the West
* Why the Islamic world has never developed the distinction between religious and secular law that is inherent in Christianity
* Why Christianity has always embraced reason–and Islam has always rejected it
* Why the most determined enemies of Western civilization may not be the jihadists at all, but the leftists who fear their churchgoing neighbors more than Islamic terrorists
* Why Jews, Christians, and peoples of other faiths (or no faith) are equally at risk from militant Islam
Spencer writes not to proselytize, but to state a fact: Christianity is a true “religion of peace,” and on it Western civilization stands. If we are not to perish under Islam’s religion of the sword–with its more than 100 million active jihadists seeking to impose sharia
The Enemy at Home was published in 2007, and the controversial arguments in it led to a fierce debate between conservatives & Dinesh D’Souza and this debate with Spencer.